Saturday, May 15, 2010

Writing


Being a writer is being persistent and consistent in your blogging efforts, even if you don't even have 2 followers (see: my other blog).

Being a writer is writing because you love it, even when no one ever comments on your blogs.

Being a writer is sometimes hard in "this economy" because instead of writing what you want to, you waste hours online trying to make money writing freelance articles, and reading freelance articles about how to write freelance articles.

Writing is hard sometimes because you feel like your thoughts and work is less valid somehow if it isn't somehow available to the public via: internet.

Writing is cool because you can write how you feel. It just becomes harder when your feelings are a jumbled pile of crazy-ness that is hard to transfer into letters and sentences. (as difficult as untangling a tiny necklace chain that has been knotted up --> Can be EXTREMELY tedious and frustrating at times.)

Writing is...what I love. And I'm excited to write to change the world. I bet if you're over the age of 25, you're thinking, "aww, that's cute. She wants to change the world. Good luck with that." But you'll see...it's all about luck, talent, and persistence. If you have 2 out of those 3, you WILL make it. And Persistence I have control over.

Good night friends. I hope you are living with the purpose of accomplishing all of your dreams and hopes. EVEN and especially when people don't think you can.

And if you aren't, I sure hope you love the life you've fallen into anyway. We only live once. We might as well be doing what we love.


2 comments:

Liv Ryan said...

I think I'll post on my own blog, so I look cooler. Actually, I just wanted apologize for my overuse of the word somehow.

I also forgot to add this quote that I recently found in an old journal:

"May I never be too old to treasure once upon a time."

HumbledBytheKing said...

I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you. I don't know why, but I feel I need to. I came across your blog by accident and I am touched by what you write. You are gifted. I pray God blesses your hands and mind as you type. I pray that whatever the Heavenly Father wants you to write WILL get accomplished. I pray that you will touch a generation of people, through Christ, with whatever messages He has put on your heart to share. I feel I am supposed to just give you this word of encouragement and to say don't give up. Ever. You are an inspiration to me, and you don't even know me. Never think just because people aren't commenting on this, that people aren't reading them. You might be touching people's lives that you will never know about. Be Blessed.