Goals 2009...finally I found wireless.
The “Free Public Wi-Fi” is didn't come through for me when i wrote this! So this was my unofficial Microsoft Word blog—because I was ‘iced-in.’ (meaning my car defroster wouldn't get warm, so the inch-thick ice coating wouldn't budge, no matter how hard I scraped! This car I'm referring to seriously is the sourest
My blog is not dead! Why? Because I quit my job. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, but it had to be done. I really feel like God has been speaking to my heart about what he wants me to do, and it’s not sell commercials for channel 6. It’s not selling anything at all…which is crazy because I always thought “Sales” was what I wanted to go into. I feel like I’m called into writing/ministry. I want to be a Christian writer and speaker. It sounds crazy, but I have this burning passion to write and encourage and support people of faith. So as a creative outlet and idea backboard, I’m going to write on my blog AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! That’s a goal and I’m writing it on my goals list! I will be reading my goals aloud every morning when I wake up and every night before bed…and you should too! Jack Canfield is amazing…if you follow his ‘success principles,’ it really will change your life (for the better.) One of his studies found that people who have specific goals, speak them aloud, and engrain them in their conscious and subconscious mind, will achieve them! If the goals are vague, however, the results will be vague.
“If you are bored with life, if you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things- you don’t have enough goals.”
–LOU HOLTZ- The only coach in NCAA history to ever lead six different college teams to postseason bowl games, and a man who also won a national championship and “coach of the year” honors.
My goals: (more than just new year resolutions)
1. I will write a minimum of 7 pages-single spaced- per week.
2. I will write on my blog at least 3 times per week.
3. I will complete a rough draft version of my “Picking up the pieces” book for children of divorced parents by 11:00 PM December 30th 2009.
4. I will run the
5. I will start leading a weekly support group for kids (ages 8-18) of a divorced or broken family (“Picking Up the Pieces” [PUP]) by 8:00pm on Thursday April 2nd 2009
6. Preach at KYC?
6. Memorize the book of Ephesians by December 15, 2009 at 10:00 PM.
7. Breakthrough goal 1: Kevin and I will have XX,000 dollars in savings by May 31st, 2010.
8. Breakthrough goal 2: publish a book by December 31st, 2012.