Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Prayer and Revelation


One of my favorite writers/pastors is John Piper. He is a Wheaton College Grad and he also is just so full of the wisdom of God.

This is just something he wrote about prayer:

Life is war. That's not all it is. But it is always that. Our weakness in prayer is owing largely to our neglect of this truth. Prayer is primarily a wartime walkie-talkie for the mission of the church as it advances against the powers of darkness and unbelief. It is not surprising that prayer malfunctions when we try to make it a domestic intercom to call upstairs for more comforts in the den.

John Piper


God has really been speaking to me lately about prayer and its power...and my life needing so much more of it. It's been a while since I've really felt God leading me and speaking to me about something...and I'm so excited.

Contrary to my last entry, I feel so alive right now. I just feel like God is more real than EVER to me, and I feel that the truth needs to be spread in this dark country more than ever. I just read in my Bible about a day coming when people will want to twist the Bible's words to mean what they want it to...and we're still called to believe the truth of God's word. I'm experiencing a ton of crap in some of my classes right now...a "scholarly" approach to scripture that totally questions and undermines its authority. Gahh. It's hard to sit through those classes.

What has God been speaking to your heart about?

 

No comments: