Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sitting in your car to _________


I'm at work right now...feeling oh-so-far-from-bored....ok that's a lie. Usually I'm so busy at the office. Today however, I reorganized. Being someone who isn't good at stuff like that, it totally zapped my energy. Then I looked online through thousands...well...tens of resumes to seek good people who could work at Northwestern. Then I called them all. LOTS of phone time today. Add in a few stressful house conversations and decisions and it has left me in an afternoon slump.


So you know how you can feel somone looking at you...Almost as if they are sending "I'm looking-at-you" rays through ESP? Well I definitely can. So I'm sitting here at my desk, back to the window, when I got that feeling. That particular feeling at work is rare because behind my office is a medical center parking lot that is rarely occupied.


I swivel my chair around to see a girl with a high curly bun, summer dress on, feet up, windows down, and "reading her book" with big sunglasses on...facing my office. The big sunglasses are the obnoxious part because everytime I turn around, (just now again) it seems as though she's staring right at me. She is parked in the spot closest to my window, and it's freaky. At least it's not a creepy man.


I'm going to stop looking and worrying about it, becuase maybe she fell asleep in that position. BUT i'm not going to lie. I don't like it! In the grocery store or wherever you are, it's kinda fun to stare back and pretend it's a contest to see who will look away first.


And...I shouldn't judge because sometimes I sleep in my car in random parking lots when I don't have time to drive home between things and I'm simply exhausted. That's when you know you're too busy :o) .


Do you spend a lot of time in your car? What do you do to pass the time?
I had to include this creepy tiny car...that I don't know who would drive! LOL.

No comments: