So there it is ladies and gents!! the new house!
August 1, 2009
Things I love.
1. August is the start of the season that I love. Autumn. It’s not ‘officially’ fall yet, but the trees can tell it’s right around the corner, and sometimes they help but put off fallish scents *~~mmm. Those cooler days are the ones that I just LOVE going on walks or playing tennis…or maybe running on the bike path by our new house…which I’ll get to in a sec. J
The smell of fall is FULL of memories for me. Memories of family pictures in the park, in our jeans and flannel T-shirts (we’re so mid-westerners). Memories of “back to school” shopping and tennis practice. Memories of bonfires and football games. Sometimes I like being nostalgic, and sometimes there’s so much baggage that comes with memories. Like…a family that used to be together. But it’s okay, we’re coping…moving on…getting stronger. It’s just not easy. Anyone who says it is…well, I’d love to know their secret.
I ALSO can't wait to see lots of my long lost friends and family when they come see my play! we'll celebrate my mom's birthday and just hang out. It's gonna rock.
2. I love the feeling of a job well done. I had a big presentation at work this week that I put a lot of time and planning into, and it went SO well. I wore my new black suit, and pretended I was like the mom from the movie “Cheaper by the Dozen.” (except she’s an author which is my total dream job. J Which is definitely NOT to say that the one I have now I don’t absolutely love.) I recruit potential super-star financial representatives and interns for the most stable financial company in America. It doesn’t get much better than that. I talk about it a lot, but it is the thing that consumes 1/3 of my life! (Other parts of life are accounted for by: Sleep for 1/3, Seussical the Musical & friends for 1/6, and Kevin for 1/6.)
3. I love my new French press coffee maker. I have been too scared to try it yet…it’s only 2 days old…well I actually JUST got my beans ground “French press style” so they’re big enough not to ruin the filter…but yeah. Any tips would be great. It’s scary looking.
4. I love online bill pay. I am such a disorganized person. WHen there are medical and dental bills that come in the mail, I usually am late not because we don't have the money, but because I don't even open my mail until 2 weeks after I get it. I am so busy...and just scattered. What the heck would I do if i were living in the 80s or 90s and had no automatic withdrawls?! We have every single bill we can taken out automatically, and it's so wonderful! If only you could an automatic gas fill-up with the click of a mouse...and automatic food pickup...etc etc. Does anyone else love this as much as I do?
5. I love looking through the IKEA and Pottery Barn catalogs because WE BOUGHT A NEW HOUSE! We agreed on a price a couple days ago, and they just asked us if we would move the closing date up to August 30th ! HECK YES we will. I’m going to look at paint samples today, as well as buy some storage boxes and Tupperware so we can start packing! I’ll post a couple pics on here. If you’ve never bought a first house, you probably don’t know how exciting it can be. But just wait…it rocks. Even if you’re paying a little bit or a lot more than you wanted to ;o) . We got one that doesn’t need much but painting done, which obviously isn’t the smartest equity move, but our lifestyles just aren’t conducive to new projects. Haha J Do I feel a bonfire coming on!???!
6. Although buying a new house is probably the most exciting thing we’ve done since we got married, I love something even more than I love the feeling about our house. Last night our church praise band…SURRENDER…did a live recording at the Red Stone Room. Corporate worship is probably the most moving, most powerful atmosphere I have ever experienced. I am always touched by the Holy Spirit, even when I arrive 2 hours late due to rehearsal. I made it for the last song and for the prayer time, but it’s okay. I know that God is using the talented artists in our church for HUGE things in the Kingdom of heaven and I’m so blessed to be a part of the movement.
SO…sorry for the novel-of-a-blog-entry, but just so much has happened lately! I can’t wait for even greater things in the future to happen. God is so good…and so faithful…and though there are many things in my life that I’m confused about and that seem like unanswered prayers, I’m standing in faith that God will provide. “His mercy endures FOREVER.”