Saturday, August 15, 2009

You know what's hilarious?

I went to Google today (as I do every day) to ask about how you know how much furniture is worth.

So as you type in words, or a phrase, google feeds you what the rest of your query might be, based on the searches of highest quantity.

Here are some of the ones I thought were HILARIOUS:

I typed in "How to know"....and here's what popped up:

...if a guy likes you
...if a girl likes you
...if your pregnant (spelled this way)
...if you are in love
...if he loves you
( a couple more pregnancy ones)
...if a guy likes you quiz

OKAY, so the young people of today are asking GOOGLE if a guy likes them, and what it means to be in love. What are we going to do!

So needed to figure out how long it was going to take for a part on our car to get fixed. I typed "how long does ..." and here's what we got:
#1, ...weed stay in your system. (Awesome. this is the number one search when started with how long.)
2. ...it take to get a passport (related to the first one?)
3. ...alcohol stay in your system. (some classy people are using Google).
4.... it take to get pregnant.
5 ....sperm last
6....implantation bleeding last
7. ...THC stay in your system
8. ...nicotine stay in your system.


WOW. Can I say druggies?! I just think that our world is a little bit crazy. That reminds me of my favorite song from age 11-13. It's called "This world" by Cademon's call.

Oh that we could "Live in the world and not of it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT40h2DX9dM

Here are the lyrics:

There's tarnish on the golden rule
And I wanna jump from this ship of fools
Show me a place where hope is young
And a people who aren't afraid to love

This world has nothing for me and this world has everything
All that I could want and nothing that
I need

This world is making me drunk on the spirits of fear.
So when he says who will go, I am nowhere near.

And the least of these look like criminals to me
So I leave Christ on the street

This world has held my hand and has led me into intolerance
But now I'm waking up, but now I'm breaking up
But now I'm making up for lost time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!! That's so funny Livs, I love Google's fill in the blank.. and their way of correcting what you put in occasionally (do you remember "soft".....). Yay for the little quirks of internet