Dude, Jack Canfield is BAD A
I freakin love this book: The Success Principles. Boring name, amazing concepts. I'm only like 5 pages in too...just wait.
Basically, it's point is: "It's time to start living the life you've imagined."
Author of 20 novels, 112 stories, and 12 plays.
SOO, Jack (Author of Chicken Soup for the Soul books...over 100,000,000 SOLD!!) that's 100 million. Holy cow. Here are some more amazing quotes, then my preliminary list for 101 things I want to do before I die, aka. my BUCKET LIST.
"Life is like a conbination lock; yourjob is to find the right nubmers, in the right order, so you can have anything you want." -Brian tracy-
"If we did all the thigns we are capable of doing, we sould literaly astound ourselves."
-Thomas A. Edison
"You must take personal responsibility. YOu cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself."
"Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone." -RObert Allen, the one minute millionaire.
"I've always been the opposite of a paranoid. I operate as if everyone is part of a plot to enhance my well-being." -Stan Dale
THis is my favorite:
Come to the edge, He said.
They said: We are afraid.
Come to the edge, He said.
They came. He pushed them,
And they flew....
Avant-garde French Poet
So Here's the first 70 things on my bucket list, in no particular order:
101 Things to do before I die:
1. Go Skydiving
2. Publish a book
3. Make a minimum of 3 beautiful babies with my gorgeous and wonderful husband
4. Become a millionaire
5. Learn Espanol
6. Go to Africa on a mission trip to visit Carlos Wambua (June 2009?)
7. Write a song that is sung at my church
8. Learn a12 page piano concerto
9. Be a substitute teacher
10. Create a color coded, easy-to find, no clutter organization system at home
11. Attend a yoga retreat
12. Run at least 5 half marathons…one in Disney World
13. Visit California: Disneyland, vineyard, Hollywood, etc.
14. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
15. Graduate from college!! AHH, this will happen.
16. Write a play, or a movie script (not that it has to be made into a REAL movie)
17. Make my own cinnamon roll recipe
18. Be the top seller where I work
19. Beat my dad in tennis
20. Make a million dollars in a year
21. At Christmastime, wrap each and every gift extravagantly.
22. Donate 1,000,000 dollars to Child Evangelism Fellowship
23. Speak to young women about self-image
24. Write a devotional book for women about self-image
25. Take the filler word ‘like’ out of my vocabulary
26. Learn Sign Language
27. Lead at least 100 people to Christ, I have to speak Spanish for some of them!
27. Buy a whole set of new furniture from a furniture store
28. Get a 15 foot real Christmas tree for inside our house
29. Ride in a hot air balloon
30. Vacation to Little Palm Island
31. Ride a double bicycle
32. Pay for someone’s (who needs it) big grocery cart
33. Learn how to crochet or knit
34. To overcome my fear of the ocean, go scuba diving
35. To overcome my fear of throw up, throw up at least once and help someone else when he/she is vomiting
36. To overcome my fear of flying, fly to 10 new places
37. Have a stranger and his/her family over for a gourmet dinner
38. Work for a week at Child Evangelism Fellowship Angel tree Camp
39. Make reusable grocery bags (and use them!)
40. Play in a women’s and also a mixed doubles tennis league
41. Completely forgive my parents for their divorce
42. Be able to locate 100 main countries on a world map
43. Teach yoga and Pilates classes *
44. Visit the Holy Lands
45. Memorize a book of the bible (longer than 5 chapters)
46. Purchase and wear Clinique makeup
47. Have two sinks and two shower heads in my bathroom
48. Eat Mangoes outside naked in a different country (weird, I know, it’s a book)
49. Go to bed at 9:30pm and wake up at 6:00 am for a week straight
50. Purchase a 4,000 square foot home
51. Grow a ½ acre garden with vegetables, roses, and tulips
52. Pay off debt entirely
53. Drink a beer in Ireland
54. See a Koala in Australia
55. Visit England and stay in a cottage
56. Hike for at least a day in the Swiss Alps
57. Write a memory book (of my life and the people who have impacted me)
58. Make a documentary for each of my children when they turn 18
59. Hire an interior designer and follow her directions
60. Throw a neighborhood block party
61. Bake 6 batches of cookies with my kids and take them to a homeless shelter/hand them out on the streets
62. Be on the Price is Right
63. Go Camping in Colorado
64. Throw a college reunion party at my house and invite my best friends!
65. Do an elderly person’s yard work as a family
66. Make dinner anonymously for a family who needs it
67. To get over my fear of giving blood, give blood 3 times successfully
68. Go an entire month drinking nothing but water
69. Do a mini-triathlon
70. Learn how to golf, and beat a 100.
Tell me your bucket list!