Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's Spring Fever!!


I am OBSESSED with Spring. This painting is called Spring Beauty, and I feel like I could be that girl. She looks excited like me. (I picked a pic of a girl, because it's proven that people look at a picture 8x longer if it has a woman in it, rather than a man or just an object. God made women beautiful!)

I didn't realize until this year that this feeling I get when it gets nice out is SPRING FEVER! My body literally aches to go outside on these gorgeous, fresh-as-cucumber days.

Here are the reasons I like spring in general:
1) Rain storms...a wonderful muse
2) A new beginning...winter blues are long forgotten!
3) I'm in the mood to be productive...and actually clean!
4) The chirping birds send waves of passion and delight through the air, awakening every molecule of nature...the tiny buds on trees sprout, and the flowers peek their little stems out of the wet soil, and midwesterners come out of hibernation mode!
5) It feels like track season so I'm in the mood to run.
6) It's almost time for me to not be pale anymore! (except, I'm kinda on a save-my-skin kick, so sunless tanner is the way I've been going...shhh)
7) Tennis...ahh finally
8) Easter!! thank you for coming out of the grave, Jesus. Because of you, we can live. Kinda a big deal.

Here are the reasons I like spring THIS year:

1) It was the year of a great (2nd annual) spring half marathon! I ran the St. Louis half marathon with my best friend, Aubrey (who posed as my husband because he decided a Cubs game that got rained out anyway was more important) and lil sis and her chillest-of-anyone-I've-ever-met roommate, Cindy! We all finished within 10 minutes of one another and I wasn't dying at the end this year like I was last year. Here's the link to some photos: http://www.runphotos.com/packages.cfm?file_name=69C/10767-5365-5366-69C_0645.JPG. this one is my favorite because Aubs and I are holding hands and our feet aren't touching the ground! It's like we're floating. (too bad it wasn't quite that easy!) The plan is to take it to the next level and do a full Marathon hopefully in the fall!!
Also, it's time for new tennis shoes. I ABSOLUTELY adore the feeling of light, white new tennies on my feet. *It puts a new 'spring' in my step.* lol. lame joke.

2) I am married for the first spring ever, and it just feels so peaceful and wonderful to go to sleep next to the man (or woman) you love after a beautiful day.

3) We're looking for a house! Another new beginning.

4) My muse is furiously working...a wonderful feeling that will hopefully lead to wonderful productivity

5) I am GRADUATING! May 9th, thank you JESUS!

Can I just say, if you haven't enjoyed the spring yet get off your little butt and go people-watch in the park, or just sit outside on your front porch. Or, whoa lets get crazy, GO for a walk or run in the park. Your soul will thank you!

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

April prepares her green traffic light and the world thinks Go. ~Christopher Morley, John Mistletoe


Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. ~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke

In springtime, love is carried on the breeze. Watch out for flying passion or kisses whizzing by your head. ~Emma Racine deFleur


No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain

No comments: