Monday, March 2, 2009

Dr. Seuss, Seussical the Musical







I'm sorry I keep posting on accident! Here is my real post...








So, this is the ironic thing. I went to Google images to find a picture of Dr. Seuss's compilation play..."SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL" when I saw the Google picture for the day! It's Dr. Seuss's Birthday so the Google people made their ! It was March 2nd, 1904 that Theodore Seuss Geisel was born in Springfield, Massachusetts. Today we pay tribute to Dr. Seuss' 105th! You must be pretty important to make it onto Google's universal radar, don't you think? After all they get approximately 112 MILLION hits a day!! (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_hits_does_google_get_a_day)



What is your favorite Seuss book? I was always a little freaked out by "Oh, the Places You'll go, but Green eggs and Ham and How the Grinch Stole Christmas stand out as my favorites.

So I just got a call last night that I will be performing in Seussical the Musical this summer at the QC Music guild! I wanted to be "Amazing Mayzie" but hey, I'll take a chorus role because I love theatre...and I'm energized by being on stage! Plus, the Costumes are SWEET and the music is really fun!




The dates of the show are August 7-9 and 13-18 in Moline, IL. If you can come, you should! Here's the website: http://qcmusicguild.com/images/2009-seussical.pdf


Here are my instructions for this wonderful cold Monday: (Compliments to Seuss)
Congratulations! Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away!
You have brains in your head.You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’ll look up and down the streets. Look ’em over with care.
About some you will say, “I don’t choose to go there.”
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
Out there things can happen and frequently do
to people as brainy and footsy as you.
And when things start to happen, don’t worry. Don’t stew.
Just go right along.You’ll start happening too!






1 comment:

JRev said...

great musical! have fun being part of it.